She makes a wish on every single star she sees, somewhere deep down she still believes.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Learning Korean

Assalamualaikum wbt =)

Hi everyone! =) Today I am going to talk and share something about my hobby.. Ermm, can it be regarded as a hobby?? hehehe ;) It is learning Korean Language.. Have you learning any foreign language excluding English and your mother tongue because i guess English is another basic language that all of us should know besides our mother tongue language, right? Hmm, actually, I started learning Korean during  National Service at Summerset Resort Camp, Rompin, Pahang. There was one friend of mine who learned Korean (informally) and she was really absorbed into K-Pop! She knew every Super Junior's songs and she can sing it.. Sometimes, she memorized the song.. even she can remember the dancing steps performed by the members of the group... She also told me that she has copied down some notes on learning Korean.. She showed me a piece of paper that write Korean alphabets. Okay, she learned it that way.. Then, I copied it to into my notebook.. Since it was just after our SPM, of course I am still not having my own laptop yet..so, i did not know much about all these K-Pop thingy..haha =D

Okay, so I want to share some info on this Korean Language.. Yet all of you still can access it on your net..Anyway, sharing is caring :)


The first picture shows the Korean alphabets which are the basics that we need in learning Korean.. Before this, I just come to know that Korean alphabets only consist of these letters (please refer the picture below):


If you notice the differences in the first picture and the second picture, it is obviously shows that picture 2 has less letters than picture .. for your information, picture 2 only consists of the basic letters: 10 vowels and 14 consonants..however, in overall, different vowels and consonants can be combined to produce new speech sounds.. It is just like when you are learning your English.. It has monophthongs(pure vowels), diphthongs(a glide between one pure vowel to another pure vowel) and triphthongs(a glide from a diphthong to a pure vowel)..

I just learned about all the 'diphthongs' and 'triphthongs' in Korean when I am joining Koreanclass101. If you subscribe into this website, it will send you daily Korean words for you to learn reading as well as spelling in Korean. Since we are not yet master in this, so they provide words with pictures, so that at least we can guess what the word is.. It is very helpful! It also provides answers in which you can check when you are ready with your answers. =)

Another thing in learning Korean is that you might be having problems in memorizing the vocabularies because Korean is totally different from English. It does not have ABC alphabets (A to Z). So, when you are learning Korean, you might be thinking : 

"How I am going to know the meaning of the words even though I can read it very well?"
"If I want to write the words in Korean (Hangul), I have to know how it is being pronounced in Korean. I only know how to write or spell if I know its pronunciation."

Have you ever think about this?
Not yet? Yes or no?
It all depends on you..
To me, Yes. I do have this problem too even until now.. 
So, just take it as a challenge. =)


Ok, folks! That's all for today.. Happy learning :) *easy*